Followers


Snow in Louisiana
Powered by Blogger.

Always in My Heart

My Sweet Twin Grandgirls

Popular Posts

Followers

About Me

My photo
My passion is decorating with vintage and antique finds on a budget. There was a time when I wouldn't have dreamed of going into a goodwill. That day has passed. :) My second love is scrapbooking all those special family moments for posterity, and I recently set up my very own scrapbooking room. I have three beautiful children, two sons and a daughter as well as a sweet (albeit full blooded Yankee) daughter-in-law and two grandgirls. I also enjoy gardening, meeting new friends and relaxing on my patio in the evenings with a glass of fine wine. During the summer of 2001, I spent two glorious weeks at Kennedy Space Center. I've been somewhat of a space geek ever since....
The Background Fairy

My Favorite Blog

Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Napkin Rings Made of What???

Back to school is always a busy time for me and I've been coming home and crashing on the ole sofa......... I think I'm becoming a sofa ornament. :)

I've been collecting wine bottle corks for years now without nary a single idea as to what to do with them. Suddenly, VOILA! When I started putting this fall tablescape together, an idea popped into my head. What about cork napkin rings???? What do ya think of these? Double-click for a closeup view. The corks have that earthy feel that goes so well with fall foliage. I shared my inspiration with my man Johnny and off we went to Lowe's. After looking at tubing and PVC pipe, we selected a short length of PVC in just the right diameter for the rings. One hacksaw later (I love that gadget) and we were in business.....
We sliced the corks in half lengthwise and cut half inch rings from the PVC. The flat side of the cork halves were then glued around the outside of the PVC rings. What an easy project! I picked up the orange and green leaf dishes at Ross for $1.99 each..... I love the way they bring out the colors in the centerpiece. That old crow couple came from Big Lots years ago. They make me smile everytime I look at them.
Don't forget to hop on over to Susan's sweet blog Between Naps on the Porch to see more beautiful tablescapes.
The placemats that I picked up at Pier One over the summer have completely lost the beachy feel now that they are used with fall decor. They make me think of a cornucopia. Here's another view of one of the napkin rings.....


They need something inside to cover that ugly PVC pipe, maybe a strip of burlap or a earthy toned ribbon. Still working on that....
Here's a birds eye view of the entire table.
Those two are some quite contented crows, don't you think????????


Here's one last view...... May the fall colors bring cooler temps here to hot and humid south Louisiana.....


Happy fall, y'all!!!!!





30 comments:

  1. And you never know what you can do with things! I got rid of shoulder pads and then found out you can make cute Christmas angels with shoulder pats!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea! Makes me wish I still had all my corks. I have not idea what happened to them. In your first picture I notice a cork from Beringer's. That is a popular winery to visit around here. While growing up I remember many times of my parents taking visitors to that winery for wine tasting and a cave tour. I remember I hated the smell of the wine cave and would hold my nose. One time I touched a barrel with my white sweater when I leaned too close. Never got that stain out if I remember right. Also a funny thought....the new coffee mate flavor "Honey Vanilla Creme" reminds me of the wine caves. The smell and the taste bring back those memories. Why, I don't know....but now I don't like that flavor. Won't buy it again!

    Thanks for the great cork idea!

    ~Linnea

    ReplyDelete
  3. Perfect napkin ring idea. PVC pipe great solution. Table looks fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, dang! Now I wish that I had saved all those corks over the years. What a great idea...sounds like an Etsy Store to me. Thank you for sharing your charming autumn design. Cherry Kay

    ReplyDelete
  5. Smart way... this was my daughter project 2 years ago. Didn't realized till now that I could use it in our TST.
    A very cutie pre-autumn TS… love the colour combo.

    Greetings from Scandinavian Simplicity,
    /chie

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your fall table! Clever napkin rings and I hope you'll consider joining the Barnyard Bash with those cute crows:@)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pretty Fall table. I love the wine cork idea.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very pretty fall tablscape. Adorable crows, and I love your wine cork napkin rings. Great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Count me in on the napkin rings. I've got a bottle filled with corks that I had no idea what I was going to do with them. I do now! Your table is a beautiful welcome to fall.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great idea!!! I finally threw away a huge bag of corks for lack of inspiration. I have the perfect PVC for those...they are even cut already since I used them to create shell napkin rings for a beach tablescape.

    ReplyDelete
  11. The cork napkin ring is perfect! I love it! Don't be surprised I I steal it! And I love those scarecrows/crows :) in your centerpiece. Actually, everything on your table is wonderful. I will be your newest follower! Linda

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh..Honey...great scape!! I absolutely love your napkin ring idea. I'd love to find those crows somewhere, did you buy them recently?

    TFS, DeniseMarie

    ReplyDelete
  13. That is such a pretty fall tablescape!

    Happy Fall to you too,

    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful tablescape. I have never seen anything like your cork rings. Very clever.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful table. Your settings are lovely and the wine cork napkin rings are way too cute. Love your crows too. Pretty tablescape. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beringers Winery is in the Napa Valley. It is actually in St. Helena. There are lots of wineries around here to visit as well. Thanks for stopping by my blog!

    ~Linnea

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a clever idea! Your crows are pretty cute sitting on that table.

    ReplyDelete
  18. So clever! I may try those napkin rings myself! Your fall table looks wonderful, and I wish I'd picked up those Pier 1 placemats!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Such a clever idea! I love the way they look. All the fall colors are so pretty on your table. Just lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Terri, love your table, cute centerpiece, but I am really impressed with your wine cork napkin rings...they are so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  21. what a lovely post to crow about. Love the cork napkin rings. Now the corks are not real so it is a good thing you have been collecting for a long time. Beautiful table setting.
    Hugs, Jeanne

    ReplyDelete
  22. Gggggggggggggggggggggggreat job. Anything you can do in the reuseable way is wonderful. Your table is fun, light and in this day we can use a ittle of that too...michelle

    ReplyDelete
  23. What a great idea for napkin rings and your centerpiece is too cute. I love a touch of whimsy. Thanks so much for the birthday wishes and early happy birthday to you. My grand daughter is due on the 27th of Oct.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Love your fall colors and those darling crows! What a great idea for the cork napkin rings -- thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  25. This is really cute. I love your centerpiece.
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  26. What an incredible idea for napkin rings! I am loving those placemats too. It's a beautiful table!! Thanks for stopping by! The window panels actually came from Lowes a couple years ago, and I think they still have them.

    ReplyDelete
  27. I love this idea Terri, I can't wait to make some of my own now! Thanks for visiting my blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
  28. what size diameter did you use for the pvc pipe?

    ReplyDelete
  29. WOW,I have been looking for inspiration for all the corks I have. I love this but I think I will kill two birds with one stone. I am going to use up the pile of toilet and paper towel holders I have in place of the pvc piping. Thanks

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a comment. I'd love to hear from y'all....