Followers


Snow in Louisiana
Powered by Blogger.

Always in My Heart

My Sweet Twin Grandgirls

Popular Posts

Followers

About Me

My photo
My passion is decorating with vintage and antique finds on a budget. There was a time when I wouldn't have dreamed of going into a goodwill. That day has passed. :) My second love is scrapbooking all those special family moments for posterity, and I recently set up my very own scrapbooking room. I have three beautiful children, two sons and a daughter as well as a sweet (albeit full blooded Yankee) daughter-in-law and two grandgirls. I also enjoy gardening, meeting new friends and relaxing on my patio in the evenings with a glass of fine wine. During the summer of 2001, I spent two glorious weeks at Kennedy Space Center. I've been somewhat of a space geek ever since....
The Background Fairy

My Favorite Blog

Sunday, January 6, 2013

Time to Celebrate!!


The retirement paperwork is done and the hard decisions are made.....  I'm keeping two of my life insurance policies and letting one of them go.  In light of the cancer diagnosis in my history, that's a scary thing to do but a policy that only cost me $15 a month when I was working will cost $251 per quarter/$1002 per year in retirement!  That's a lot of moolah!

And now it's time to CeLeBrAtE!!!!!!  Johnny and I are taking a seven night cruise on this gorgeous Royal Caribbean ship called Navigator of the Seas.....

Navigator of the Seas Cruise Reviews

You have no idea how hard it is to find water shoes in January!  I'm borrowing a pair and we ordered some for J online.  Sure hope they come in on time....  We need them to climb Dunns Fall and play with dolphins in Jamaica.  Woohoo!!!  Someone told me that dolphins smell so I'm not sure I'm gonna kiss one.  :-/  

We'll also be stopping off in Grand Cayman and Cozumel and are still mulling over the available shore excursions there.  It rained cats and dogs when we were in Cozumel the year before last so all we did was shop and attempt to stay dry.  J packed two of those inexpensive rain parkas from Walmart and we could have sold 200 of them right there on the dock.  Everyone was asking where we bought them!  

Check out the rock climbing wall on this ship.....


Isn't that awesome???  The view from the top must be breathtaking.  I'm soooo excited about this trip!

Have a relaxing Sunday.....

Terri

8 comments:

  1. Congratulations on retiring from teaching! I retired from the public schools several years ago, but enjoy substituting and teaching other classes from time to time.

    I did this cruise and cruise line last June as a respite gift from my sister-in-law. It was wonderful. Of course, like you, I blogged about it in July.

    Hugs and prayers,
    Carol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Terri,
      My Royal Caribbean Ship was the Freedom of the Seas, and I blogged about it here:

      http://plantcityladyandfriends.blogspot.com/2012/07/our-separate-vacations.html

      Also, there is no way that I decorate as eloquently as you do, because I am going through the house de-cluttering and writing about it on my blog!! I have so much nerve! But the author sent me 15 copies that were distributed to my blogging friends.

      Delete
  2. Congratulations on your retirement. Enjoy your cruise! We've been there. In Cayman (I believe) the Turtle Farm and Hell are fun to visit. Check and see for sure where they are. In Jamaica, there is a tour of the pineapple and coffee fiels up in the mountains with lunch that was fantastic.

    Enjoy!

    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a great vacation...enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on retirement...yipeeeee!
    Sounds like you're gonna have a ball! Take pictures to share!!!
    Blessings,
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awwww , kudos to you Terri. You definitely deserve a nice vacation.
    It looks like a great ship to party on. Blessings to you, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  6. How fun! I have not been on the Navigator of the Seas but my sister said it's nice. I've been on the Oasis of the Seas and Jewel of the Seas. Congrats on your retirement! If you have a chance, go visit my grandtwins 1st bday party post, just the one before the last. Yep, the year flew by so fast!..Christine

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pounds all custom fitted made weight reduction routine ought to incorporate the accompanying Exercise The significance of moving your body couldnt be focused on all that could possibly be needed. https://ludicenerev.com

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a comment. I'd love to hear from y'all....